I am so pleased to say that the wheels are in motion for this year’s Junior Week! Subject of course to any changes in COVID rules etc between now and the end of July.
The date set is the week Monday 26th to Friday 30th July 2021.
First, our thanks must go to Ben Gribble and his merry band of coaches who have so enthusiastically taken the lead for the last few years; the time has come for them to hand the batten on.
We are delighted to have recruited Lindsey, a Senior RYA Instructor and Outward Bound Leader to take charge this year. She has wonderful ideas and experience as to how to keep everyone entertained throughout the week.
We have had to make some changes to our usual criteria for Junior Week this year, circumstances dictating:
- Numbers will need be restricted to less than in previous years.
- The age range has been reduced to those between just finishing Year 6 and Year 11 (i.e.: those born between 01.09.04 and 31.08.10)*.
- We will not be having a BBQ this year, however plans are in mind to hold an early evening social event for the kids, details to be confirmed.
- We will need more parental help, both on shore and on the water this year, so all offers of assistance would be very much appreciated from anyone available.
* Any young adults just finishing either Year 12 or 13, please do get in touch with me as there will most likely be a role for you to fill.
The cost for each child participating will be £100; this will cover a full week of activities, a limited edition Junior Week hoodie and an unforgettably enjoyable week doing all things fun and boat related!
Finally, if you wish to register your child(ren) for Junior Week 2021, please email me as soon as possible as numbers are limited and will be accepted on a first come basis.
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.